Position Details: Junior/Senior Machine Operator
Location: Richmond, BC
Foreseeson Technology Inc. is a British Columbia, Canada-based Manufacturing and Distribution Services (MDS) organization. Foreseeson is striving to provide a total solution: from Engineering, Prototyping, small run manufacturing and Distribution services to local and national customers. We focus on building premier customer relationships with companies requiring high-mix, high-complexity start-to-finish manufacturing and supply chain solutions in the Industrial & Instrumentation, Medical, Communications, Computers & Multimedia, Transportation, Defense and Environment & Security industries.
We’re growing and currently in need of Junior/Senior Machine Operator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manual (mechanical) assembly of Electronic components including complex and high-density projects according to assembly books, custom specs and quality standards
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable quality assurance standards and internal SOPs.
- Component preparation, placement or installation.
- Perform, Inspection and Rework of all mechanical assemblies and custom parts as per Engineering specifications and IPC workmanship standards.
- Participate in training and certification programs to ensure job knowledge and skills set requirements are updated regularly.
- Participate in all team level quality improvement initiatives, including Root Cause analysis as required.
- Operate various types of equipment aiding in the assembly process.
- Set-up, operate, calibrate and maintain test station as per the procedure.
- Complete test logs and provide feedback related to testing yields.
- Test the functionality of products using various testing tools, document and provide feedback to team members to prevent future discrepancies.
- Utilize test equipment such as multimeters, among others including PC based programming.
- Effectively communicate issues among other team members for prevention and corrections.
- Assist to setup PCBA line including paste printer, pick and place machine, reflow oven, AOI, and selective solder for daily operation.
- Prepare and load all necessary materials for PCBA line.
- Operate the PCBA line for daily manufacturing.
- Assist to perform the first-article inspection.
- Maintain work area to 5S standards at all times.
- Configure, operate and maintain various PCBA production equipment.
- Focus on production throughput, schedule adherence and quality standards.
- Record production data supporting Quality Assurance processes.
- Willingness to train on new equipment / cross-train into other areas’ work centers.
- Maintain a clean work environment and follow all company policies and practices regarding preventative maintenance, safety, and material handling.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Must be knowledgeable of all assemblies soldered in the area and ensure PC boards are soldered per customer specification and other documentation.
- Responsible for setup of the machine for production per instructions.
- Responsible for making minor adjustments to the equipment.
- Produce and inspect the product to IPC-610 workmanship standards.
- Understand and follow rules and guidelines regarding ESD, 5S and safety.
- Responsible for completing and filing all required paperwork.
- Preform solder touch-up as needed.
- Clean machine daily.
- Colour identification is a requirement of this role.
- A team player with good communication skills (ability to work with the customer), and a positive attitude.
- Previous experience working in the following is an asset (but not limited to).
- SMT/TH or Mix Tech assembly (hand soldering, inspection, rework, mechanical assembly skills.
- Worked in Electronics or Manufacturing companies.
- Soldering TH and SMT components.
- Comprehension of assembly documentation.
- Rework mechanical/electrical assemblies (replacing components).
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Set-up, maintenance, and calibration of test stations.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Test Software).
- Diploma or post-secondary education.
- Hands-on PCBA line operation experience necessary.
- Must have the dexterity to assemble and align small components.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
- Minimum 2-years experience operating PCBA production equipment. (SMT, selective solder, wave solder, AOI, conformal coating, de-panel, etc.)
- Read and follow assembly prints, work instructions, drawings, procedures and specifications used in the manufacture of PCBs and/or electromechanical systems.
- Experience using IPC-A-610 Class II and III Acceptability of Assemblies Standards.
- Minimum education: High school degree.
Be part of our ambitious growing team and hardworking people.
Submit your updated resume with a cover letter and send it to email@example.com or fax it through (604)233-0248.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
“Thank you, but we will not engage staffing agencies at this time.”